March 15, 2016
Spring is here and the season for new beginnings. This is a good time to re-think "spring cleaning" and choose snacks that can cleanse our bodies from the inside out.
These five snacks are guaranteed to feed your mind, detoxify your body, and satisfy your palate!
1. Guacamole - High in fiber and “fat” but don’t worry, it’s good fat! Spread it on toast or eat it with veggies. This fruit is not only delicious but contains a ton of antioxidants and glutathione, a nutrient that can block up to 30 carcinogens and detoxify your liver.
2. Kale chips - Kale is king. It’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and boosts metabolism while providing cancer fighting compounds. Baked Kale chips satisfy the “crunch” we all crave and taste delicious.
3. Raw almonds - Almonds are the perfect grab–and-go snack. Almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, which helps break down glucose into energy.
4. Greek yogurt - Greek yogurt has fewer carbohydrates and sugar while boasting more protein than other yogurt. It’s a great source of vitamin B12 and potassium, which helps to decrease blood pressure and muscle cramps while increasing energy. Try plain yogurt and add your own fruit or a drizzle of honey.
5. Dark chocolate - Sometimes chocolate is the only thing that will satisfy your craving, so you might as well give in. Dark chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet, plus it has half the sugar and four times the fiber of milk chocolate. Choose 70 percent cocoa content or higher for optimal antioxidant benefits.
Whichever of these snacks you choose, planning ahead is the key to success. Make time to pack your snacks in portion-controlled containers and bring them with you so that when hunger strikes, you aren’t left having a face-off with the vending machine.
Prior to moving to Madison, the last bike I owned was a Nashville Predators themed bike I won at the age of 9, so it had been a while since I found myself in the saddle. Upon my arrival here, I discovered the city’s rich biking culture as well as its system of paths and knew I had to take advantage of all it had to offer. After a couple of years of riding and exploring, I feel like I know my way around town on a bike pretty decently.
Do online reviews help or hurt a business? Depending on the type of review, of course, it could go either way.
The IRS has provided guidance to employers regarding the recent presidential action to allow employers to defer the withholding, deposit and payment of certain payroll tax obligations. The three-page guidance in Notice 2020-65 was issued to implement President Trump’s executive memorandum signed on August 8. Private employers still have questions and concerns about whether, and how, to implement the optional deferral.