Work for a Next Generation Accounting Firm!
Make a difference and have an impact on the lives of our clients
Senior Tax Manager
Are you looking for a growing firm with a great team? We are a small, but expanding, public accounting firm that allows hands on exposure to all aspects of the accounting process. We have a proactive approach with our personal and corporate clients providing guidance throughout the year. We take pride in our thorough knowledge and connection with our clients, and have been doing so for over 20 years. We offer a great work environment and challenging professional environment!
We are looking for tax professionals who are seeking a firm leadership role, rather than a “traditional” senior tax manager position. The successful candidate must be a bright and motivated tax leader with a strong background in working primarily with closely held business clients.
Description of Duties
This position is a unique opportunity for an experienced tax manager to be a firm wide resource on complex tax issues. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Be firm wide tax practice leader
- Management of tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions from either the buyer or seller perspective
- Tax research in response to client tax matters
- Training of tax personnel in general areas, new developments and tax research approaches and techniques
- Management of IRS & WDR exams
- Correspondence with the client and tax authorities, preparation of internal memos
- Working with firm tax clients
- Actively markets to existing and new clients.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with 8+ years of progressive public accounting or law firm who can lead and develop a team to the next level. Depending on the personal strengths and skills of the candidate from either an industry or technical perspective, there is also an opportunity to serve as a traditional management-level tax professional on multiple accounts to supplement the primary focus described above.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA certification required
- 8+ years of income tax experience in a public accounting or a law firm setting
- Income tax and project management experience
- Team leader who enjoys working with a team and mentoring staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to teamwork
Work Life Balance
Berndt CPA provides team members the ability to be both professional challenged with the time year round to be personally involved with family and friends.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Be sure to reference the position in the subject section of the email.
An Equal Opportunity Employer